Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy New Year

Hi everyone!

Happy new year! I hope you all had fun during the holidays. I went back to Edinburgh to see my family. I had a nice time but it was very cold.

On New Year's Eve (31st December) there is a big party on Princes Street, the main street in the centre of Edinburgh. People come from all over the world to celebrate the new year with music, dancing and fireworks. Here are some pictures:




At New Year, it is traditional for people to make New Year's "Resolutions", or promises about things that they are going to do in the new year. For example, popular resolutions are to stop smoking or to do more sport. Have you made any reolutions? My resolution is to be more organised...we will see how long that lasts!

Lynsey x


No comments:

Post a Comment